How to inspire your brain
- Take care of stress.
- Avoid dulling routine.
- Do something creative every day.
- Read poetry, spiritual material or anything else that makes you feel uplifted.
- Take time to be in nature.
- Bond with another person who is heartwarming.
- Pay attention to being happy.
- Make sure you take time every day by yourself to relax, meditate and self-reflect.
- Deal with negative emotions like anger and anxiety.
- Focus on activity that makes you feel fulfilled.
- Give of yourself.
- Follow a personal vision.
- Attach yourself to a cause that is bigger than you are.
- Take the risk to love and be loved.
How to ignore your brain
- Get set in your ways.
- Don’t look beyond your opinions, likes and dislikes.
- Isolate yourself from others.
- Take relationships for granted.
- Reconcile yourself to going downhill as you age.
- Look upon the past as the best time of your life.
- Forget about having ideals.
- Act on selfish impulses.
- Don’t examine what makes you tick.
- Give in to anger and anxiety.
- Let life take care of itself.
- Go along to get along.
- Assume that you are automatically right.
- Avoid anything new or challenging.
- Put up with stress.
- Take no emotional risks.
- Distract yourself with mindless diversions like watching sports for hours on end.
Source: Super Brain: Unleashing the Explosive Power of Your Mind to Maximize Health, Happiness, and Spiritual Well-Being
By Deepak Chopra & Rudolph E. Tanzi